Basic Sponge Cake

11/01/2014 07:01:00 pm 0 Comments A+ a-

It's almost 8 months passed when I started blogging and frankly speaking before it I had hardly baked any cake . Blogging became a source of experimenting new things for me. I started baking as well and found immense happiness after seeing a perfectly baked cake . Of course a few attempts were failure but now I have learnt a lot . Sometimes I think Did I forget to post this basic sponge cake . Oh! Yes I did , so when Srivalli announced the themes for BM#33 I have to surely pick Eggless cakes as it will give me opportunity to make my baking skillful . I have read somewhere that by practice you may become a good baker. Hence this is my time and hunting ground for baking eggless cakes for three days. So let's start the recipe . Yum

Sponge cake
Sponge cake

Sponge cake
Sponge cake


Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cup All purpose Flour+ 2 teaspoon for preparing the cake pan
1 cup Plain yogurt , beaten
3/4 cup granulated sugar , powdered
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
1 and 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil ( I have used Canola oil )
2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
1 tablespoon Milk , for brushing
2 tablespoon icing sugar
2 teaspoon sugar sprinkles

Method:
Preheat oven to 180 degree for 15 minutes. Grease a 9" cake pan with butter ,add 2 teaspoon dry flour , tap gently by flipping the sides and remove extra flour.
Sieve all purpose flour three to four times in a bowl .
Beat sugar and yoghurt in a bowl until sugar dissolves .Add baking powder, baking soda to this mixture and mix well.
Add in vanilla essence and canola oil and mix well.


Sponge cake
Sponge cake
Make a well in the sifted flour and slowly add yoghurt mixture . Gently fold in all ingredients till combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan ,tap to remove any air.
Bake in preheated oven at 180degree for 30-35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.


Sponge cake
Sponge cake
Brush the baked cake with milk and bad again for 5 minutes . Remove from cake pan , cool on wire rack .

Sponge cake
Sponge cake
Dust icing sugar and sugar sprinkles over top. Slice and enjoy.

Sponge cake
Sponge cake

Sponge Cake
Sponge Cake

Serve-6. Baking time-30 to 35 minutes

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#33



Srivalli's Kids Delight Potluck Party 



Amrita's 100 th  post event theme Party 





 Cook With White announced at Merry Tummy

Come And Particpate




Best regards,
Sapana Behl



Please feel free to comment or share your encouraging ideas!